Sunday, April 01, 2007

New podcasting tool -- Podtopia Quickfeed

I've just unveiled a new feed creation tool to make podcasting easier and quicker for people -- and less expensive, too. It's Podtopia Quickfeed and it lets you create valid RSS feed files for both generic podcasting and for iTunes.

I unveiled it at this year's Women, Action & the Media conference at MIT. I gave a quick demo on it yesterday, at my Getting Started Podcasting presentation. Didn't have a whole lot of time to get into it, but I did do a demo, which went great.

I've been using Quickfeed to create the Women In Music podcast feeds for a while, now, and it's saving me a whole lot of time and hassle, that just slowed me down. This way, I can just plug in my meta info, that I keep on a spreadsheet for tracking purposes, and generate the feed file code.

Then I save it off to an .xml file and post it to my server.

For folks who are brand new to podcasting, this might seem like a bunch of extra steps, but it makes my life a whole lot easier!

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?